Signage has been a critical aspect of marketing for centuries. Signs help to convey information to customers about products, services, and brands. They are a tool for attracting attention and increasing foot traffic to businesses. In today’s fast-paced, hyper-visual world, large signage has become an increasingly effective way for businesses to stand out and make a big impression. In this article, we’ll explore the power of large signage in marketing and branding and look at some of the most successful examples of businesses that have used large signage to make a big impact.
Why Large Signage Works
There are a few key reasons why large signage is so effective in marketing and branding:
- Attention-grabbing: Large signage, by definition, is hard to miss. When it’s done right, it can be a real showstopper that commands attention and makes people take notice. Whether it’s a massive billboard on the side of a highway or a towering neon sign outside a business, large signage has a way of standing out in people’s minds.
- Memorable: Because of its attention-grabbing qualities, large signage is also highly memorable. People are more likely to remember a brand or product if they’ve seen it on a big, bold sign. This is especially true if the sign is clever or unique in some way, as it can create a positive association in people’s minds.
- Versatile: Large signage can take many different forms, from billboards and building wraps to oversized window decals and vehicle graphics. This versatility means that businesses can find a large signage solution that works for their specific needs and budget.
Successful Examples of Large Signage in Marketing and Branding
Now that we’ve established why large signage is so powerful, let’s take a look at some examples of businesses that have successfully used large signage to make a big impression.
- Coca-Cola: The iconic Coca-Cola sign in New York City’s Times Square is a perfect example of how large signage can become a landmark in its own right. The sign, which has been in place since 1920, is a massive, three-dimensional billboard that lights up the night sky. It’s become an instantly recognizable part of the Times Square landscape and an essential piece of Coca-Cola’s branding.
- Target: Another brand that’s known for its large signage is Target. The retailer’s bullseye logo is instantly recognisable, and its massive, red-and-white sign can be seen from a distance. Target also uses large signage inside its stores to help customers navigate the space and find what they’re looking for.
- McDonald’s: The Golden Arches are perhaps one of the most recognisable symbols in the world, and that’s in no small part thanks to McDonald’s large signage. The bright, yellow arches are typically installed high above the restaurant, making them visible from far away. McDonald’s has also experimented with other forms of large signage, like its playful “I’m lovin’ it” billboards, which feature over sized, whimsical illustrations.
- Apple: While Apple’s branding is often associated with sleek, minimalist design, the company has also used large signage to make a big impact. One of the most notable examples is the massive, illuminated Apple logo that adorns the company’s flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York City. The sign has become a popular tourist attraction and a symbol of Apple’s dominance in the tech industry.
- Adidas: Finally, Adidas is a brand that has used large signage in some innovative ways. One notable example is the company’s “Boost your run” billboard, which used kinetic energy to power LED lights and create the illusion of a runner zooming by. The billboard was a creative way to promote the brand
In conclusion, large signage is a powerful tool in marketing and branding that can help businesses stand out, grab attention, and create a memorable impression. From Coca-Cola’s iconic Times Square sign to Adidas’s innovative “Boost your run” billboard, there are many successful examples of businesses that have used large signage to great effect. Whether it’s a billboard, building wrap, or over sized window decal, large signage has the ability to create a lasting impression on customers and reinforce a brand’s identity. With the right design and execution, large signage can be a valuable investment for businesses looking to increase their visibility, attract customers, and build brand awareness. Contact ADPAK DIGITAL MARKETING for more information about large signage!